Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekend Post

Okay...This is an open-topic post-assignment-y-thing. So be prepared for some rambling and whatnot.

First things first, I got The Son of Neptune on Friday! (cue spaz attack) I have seriously been waiting for this book for a year. I am so very, very, very, extremely happy! It's by Rick Riordan, who, in my opinion, is a genius. He also wrote the Percy Jackson series (love love love) which is about Greek mythology, and The Heroes of Olympus series (Son of Neptune is the second one in the series) is the spinoff series. Mr. Riordan is also working a series about Egyptian mythology called the Kane Chronicles. Honestly, I think the only thing that kept me going whilst I waited for Son of Neptune to come out was that the second book in the Kane Chronicles The Throne of Fire. So, yeah. I absolutely adore his books!

Here's a link to the Percy Jackson website, but you can also get to Heroes of Olympus and Kane Chronicles website from there

So, over the summer, I became absolutely obsessed over this one website called Deviantart (there is a relevance to what I was talking about before if you'll hang on for a moment). Basically, people can post and therefore share their art through the website. And there are so many amazing artists on there! My favorites are AishaxNekox, frzdragon, and Burdge-bug. Burdge draws so many wonderful pictures of stories she likes. Including Percy Jackson (see? RELEVANCE!). Well, she also draws Harry Potter (more lovey love love), The Hunger Games (not so much love, sorry), Doctor Who, some characters from her sister's stories, etc. Augh she's so awesome! I mean, look at that! (It's a Harry Potter one, by the way)


or....or....This one! It's Percy this time
So yeah, I just have way too many things that I obsess over. Especially since I've only mentioned two of the many, many things I obsess over.

Yup, I think that's the end of my rambling...maybe

Oh! And I sprained my ankle and am on crutches for at least a week. Kay! Bye-Bye!

1 comment:

  1. What! You just put the fact that you're on crutches at the very end, and then you just. Ended it like that, and how did you sprain your ankle? I like the art, but, but, crutches for a week? And then Bye....SLAM. It really makes the reader shocked, is what I'm trying to say. Hope you get better soon, and sorry you missed dinner at Marissa's.See you tomorrow, when I will totally bombard you with questions about the ankle, and I might just request to carry your backpack so I can ride in the elevator.Oh! By the way, I will have to figure out how to be funny, because two cripples at once calls for some serious injury jokes.

    ReplyDelete