Friday, April 20, 2012

A Whole New Term

Oh gosh. It's been so long since I last updated. I am ashamed.

Anyway, lots of stuff has happened these last months (I know, you're shocked). Let's review, shall we?

Okay....let me see....

I have Computer Art first block. Oh. My Gosh. I love it so much. I love art in general. And then I get to do it in class? Awesome.

Math is....math. My teacher is really nice and super helpful. I mentioned in a previous post that she was insane or crazy or something, but I was just joking (evidently it didn't come across like that?)

I love science too. My teacher is awesome! He tells so many great stories, usually while we're supposed to  be taking notes or something....but that is A-OK with me. Just as a by-the-way, Fluorine is the tyrannosaurus-rex of the periodic table. Rawr. (yes, It's an inside joke)

And then, you know, I have band every-other day, with psych filling in those other every-other days for my last class (we only have four classes a day, for those who don't know). Obviously the classes are awesome. The names alone should strike jealousy into the hearts of people who can't take those classes.

So yeah. We've also had Spring Break since my last post. I went to this absolutely amazing place called the dark crevices of my room. That's right. Cleaning. It was completely terrifying, yet really satisfying seeing as I actually got it clean. Which it hasn't been in at least a year. So yeah. I also worked, making somewhere around $250. No applause needed.

Meanwhile, my friends Twiggy and Fufu (no, those aren't their real names) went to actual amazing places.

Twiggy went to some giantastical ski resort in Canada. She showed me a map. It was huge! She brought me back a little rock carved into the shape of a bear. Here's a picture (sorry, it was hard to get a non-blurry one):


Fufu went to Florida. To Disney World. I was totally jealous. She brought me back the most random thing she could find: a solid chocolate alligator with gummy 'gators on the side. Here's a picture:
Now it's your turn to be jealous.

She sent me a text while she was down there asking if I wanted anything in particular. I asked her to bring me a Tigger Pillowpet (I had seen it when I was down there in the fall, but didn't have enough money to buy it at the time). She did. And I was oh so very happy.




Finally, I have yet another new thing that I'm obsessed over: an online comic called Homestuck. I really was bored in the beginning, but it got just so intense and amazing I couldn't help but fall in love. I don't really know how to explain it.....It started out with these four kids called John, Rose, Dave, and Jade. They were preparing to play a new game called SBurB. It turns out, however, that the game kind of causes the end of the earth, but not before our four heroes are transported to a different world. And then, you know, some adventures of amazing-ness follow. In the middle of the the story, there are twelve new characters introduced. They are trolls. And they are super-duper lovable. Once they're introduced, the series takes a whole new direction. That's when it becomes super intense. And I think that's really all I can say on the matter without spoiling a whole lot of stuff.

But here are some cool fan-made pictures:

The Humans:
 The Trolls:

Oh, and in some more super-recent endeavors (super-recent meaning yesterday), we had a solo-ensemble festival for band. I played in a trio with my friends 'Kaylee and Ser and we got a score of 38/40! I also did a duet with my friend Mira and solo. I don't know what I scored on those yet, but here's what my solo sounded like, it's so pretty! (it's the first part of the video, by the way, because I only played the prelude)


Except for I was only accompanied by a piano

So yeah. I think that's about it. Oh! One last thing...
Random Quote of the Day
- my brother playing wii: " I gotta practice failing like a boss...... I won! I lost! YES!" (evidently he was supposed to lose the game to win the game)  

No comments:

Post a Comment