Sunday, September 11, 2011

Why I Write

I think there are three reasons for why I write.

The first, and most often occurring reason, is school. Papers, Essays, Assignments, Free-Response questions. They all are writing, but for the most part are dry and don't have a lot of heart in them.

Next, I write to vent. When I'm super stressed out or sad, I'll sometimes write to just let it go. I often write poems when I'm in this kind of mood. They tend to have a lot of emotion, but can sometimes be very weird or depressing.

Finally, there is the third reason for why I write, and probably the one that happens the least often. Sadly, it is when I have good, solid inspiration. Obviously these works tend to be the best ones I write, and I spend a lot of time on them.

That isn't to say that I don't sometimes combine two, or even three of these reasons, but they most often stay separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment