Friday, November 25, 2011

What is "The Best"?

Here ya go. Good luck with guessing

1. Today, I had a conversation with my friend about what music was “the best”. It started when a song came on over the radio. It was, in my opinion, a great song, which I pointed out. To which he (my friend) said that it was only “okay”. This was not okay with me. We quickly began talking about the different kinds of music, and what was considered “great”. In the end, he said “The music I listen to is the best”. But is it really? Why is his music the best? I think mine is.


2. When something is the best that usually means that it is better than everything else in that classification. The best football team is the one that wins the state championship. The best school is the one that scores the best on tests. But not all things can definitely be said to be the best. The best song is the one that every individual person likes the most. The best food is the one that is the most appealing. We can’t always say what the best is.


3. Last year, the Wayzata football team won the state championships. Because of this, we were considered the best team in the state. The team got a trophy saying that they placed first. In essence it was a trophy that declared we were better that any other team in our class. It was a proven fact that we could beat the other teams. We were the strongest, the fastest, and the smartest. We were the best.


4. Being champions in the state football tournament is the equivalent of being the best in the state. When a team beats all of the teams they are placed up against, they are considered the champions of the tournament. But it also means that they are better than all the other teams, that they are the best out of all of those teams. So, it a team is declared to be champions, they are declared to be the best. Therefore, being a champion means that one is the best.


5. Nothing is better than the music of the ‘60s and ‘80s. Popular music of today pales in comparison to popular ‘80s music. Current music gives us songs like Friday by Rebecca Black. A whole lot of it is auto-tuned crap with bad lyrics that encourage kids to do drugs and other stuff. Meanwhile, in the ‘60s, the Beatles were all the rage. They produced good, genuine music that actually told people good things. The ‘80s, too, was comprised of funky beats and catchy tunes. So radio stations should be paying old music, because it is the best.


6. For me, the best dinner in the world is Shepherd’s Pie. A lot of people say English food, which Shepherd’s Pie is, is way too bland. But when that’s what you grow up with, you don’t notice the lack of seasoning. However, even if it doesn’t have a lot of seasoning put in, there’s something about the combination of ground beef (cooked in a special way) and mashed potatoes that just makes my mouth water. It’s the equivalent of a stereotypical American’s cheeseburger. I just can’t get enough. It is, without a doubt, the best.




As a side note, I'm sorry for how confusing some of these are, and how I ramble about the same things in all of them. It's almost 12:30 in the morning, and the championship football game is today, I'm listening to music, we just ate Thanksgiving diner a few hours ago (maybe a little more than a few), and I'm tired. I know that's a lame-sauce excuse for writing about the same things again and again, but it's the only one I've got.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really bad at guessing, but here I go.
    1: I'm ganna say narration
    2: Definition
    3: Cause/Effect
    4: example
    5: Compare/Contrast (BTW: Nigahiga's version of Friday is "the best". See what I did there? XD)
    6: hehe English food. (England: what's wrong with my food? hehe I was talking about Hetalia earlier XD) Um I'm not sure. I thought 4 was example, but now I'm not sure. I'M SOO CONFUSED!

    I feel like mine was really dark compared to yours...oh well. My brain was mashed potatoes when I wrote it XD

    ReplyDelete